Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Bracket As I Think The Selection Committee, Not Matt Zemek, Will Shape It

Pretty simple - this is not the Zemek-endorsed bracket, but the bracket I think the Committee will create.

I think Harvard and USC should be allowed into this year's field at the expense of Penn State and Clemson. I also think Notre Dame, not Duke, should get a No. 1 seed. At any rate, I don't do this the way Joe Lunardi and Andy Glockner do, so my opinions really aren't worth a dime (or anything beyond). I do this because I love it and because it's a part of my life. I can't spend Selection Sunday without putting out one projected bracket.


The envelope, please (without the sites of specific subregional pods - that's Glockner territory! :-)

EAST

1 Ohio St
16 Play-in: UNC Asheville/Alabama State

8 Washington
9 George Mason

5 Temple
12 Virginia Tech

4 Syracuse
13 Princeton


6 Vanderbilt
11 Colorado

3 Louisville
14 Bucknell

7 UNLV
10 Villanova

2 North Carolina
15 Akron

WEST (Plays East in Final Four National Semifinals - One Half Of Bracket)

1 Duke
16 Hampton

8 Missouri
9 Richmond

5 W Virginia
12 Illinois

4 Kentucky
13 Belmont

6 Georgetown
11 Mich State

3 San Diego State
14 Indiana State

7 Old Dominion
10 Tennessee

2 Notre Dame
15 Boston U


SOUTHEAST

1 Pitt
16 Play-in: UTSA/UALR

8 Utah State
9 UCLA

5 Texas A&M
12 FIRST FOUR: Georgia/Clemson

4 Wisconsin
13 Morehead St

6 Xavier
11 Memphis

3 Purdue
14 Long Island

7 Cincy
10 Gonzaga

2 Texas
15 Northern Colorado

SOUTHWEST

1 Kansas
16 Santa Barbara

8 Florida State
9 Marquette

5 St. John's
12 FIRST FOUR: Penn State/VCU

4 BYU
13 Wofford

6 Arizona
11 Butler

3 Florida
14 Oakland

7 Kansas State
10 Michigan

2 Connecticut
15 St. Peter's

No comments:

Post a Comment